Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Joining Alice Drive on the mission

I spoke with Scott Shipes from Alice Drive tonight and he and I have been in close contact about this year's mission in August back to Old Naledi. Scott was the mission leader for last year's trip to Old Naledi. We have been communicating so that we can join our group with another small group from Alice Drive in Sumter. Alice Drive has been partnering with Old Naledi Fellowship and several groups (including the one I went with to Old Naledi) have travelled to serve in Botswana. A large youth group will be going to work and serve in Old Naledi in early June this year. Alice Drive raised over 30,000 to provide the funds used to build the church building for Old Naledi. I tell you all of this to let you know that we are working to have our 2 groups travel and serve together on this mission. Clay Smith, senior pastor from Alice Drive, will also be joining us on this trip, his first trip to Africa too!!! I think total we will have a group of 8 or 9 in country. A small, powerful group of believers willing to step out and be used, many miles from home.

I am really excited about what we are going to accomplish on this trip. I can feel the mission momentum starting to build. That also means I need to start growing more dedicated in my prayers to God about helping me to keep Jesus as the focus of this mission and letting me be used for his kingdom at all times. He is faithful and I need to make sure I am too. Prayer is the only way to keep the focus on Him. I also invite you to join me every Tuesday morning at 10am EST as we join in prayer with the church in Old Naledi for their weekly prayer service. Put it on your calendar and let's lift them in our prayers. It's a small thing; but, God does miraculous things with such things too!

In His Steps, Mareko

No comments:

Post a Comment